All Chamber Committees
The ambassadors extend the hand of friendship that bridges the Yuma County Chamber of Commerce and its members with the business and professional community at large.
The Expectations and the Role of An Ambassador of the Yuma County Chamber of Commerce
- A minimum 2 year agreement to serve
- Represent the Yuma County Chamber of Commerce in a professional manner at all times
- Must be employed by a Chamber Member
- Attend 75% of all Monthly Ambassador Meetings
- Attend 50% of all Good Morning, Yuma! and Monthly Mixer Events
- Attend other events such as ribbon cuttings, ground breakings, and grand openings
- Assist with events such as the Annual Dinner, State of the State, and Lunch & Learn
- Welcome new members and introduce them to other members at events
- Participate in our new member focus and bring in one new member annually
- Participate in our retention focus and reach out to inactive members as requested
- Participate in the well being of the Ambassador program by introducing and nominating one new Ambassador per year
- Maintain a professional, positive attitude about the Chamber at all times
- Advance the Chamber's awareness by spreading the word about our good deeds and programs throughout the community
- Have fun and network, network, network!
Benefits to You, as an Ambassador
- Many, many networking opportunities in the right casual business setting!
- Increased knowledge of Chamber features and benefits
- Greater knowledge of the business community
- Community Involvement that can be quantified
- Lifelong friends and exposure to business leaders
- Be part of an elite corps of volunteers in Yuma's premier business organization
- Advancing your business influence and increasing your visibility in the community
Monitors and researches all levels of government and legislative activity affecting business and industry, and proposes actions to the Chamber Board of Directors.
Through events and recognition activities, this committee works to maintain and improve the good relationship with Yuma’s military bases and the community.
Monitors, researches and coordinates action on behalf of business regarding all forms of transportation activity in Yuma County, including air, rail, highway and water.
The Education Committee focuses on two programs: Summer Works in Yuma and the S. June Pallack Award.
The Mission of Summer Works in Yuma is a movement to provide Yuma County teachers with supplemental income during the summer recess period by offering temporary / seasonal jobs in other work places. The program will act as an attraction and retention tool for our school districts that struggle to keep many of their valued employees due to financial constraints.
The S. June Pallack Excellence in Education Awards, presented by the Yuma County Chamber of Commerce, came about through the cooperation and collaboration of the volunteers of the Education Awards Committee of the Chamber. We began the conversation thinking of honoring classrooms. Then we talked about honoring over a dozen different categories of individuals that work behind the scenes to improve the lives of our school children every day. Awards will be presented at Good Morning Yuma in May.
Program provided by Great Yuma Economic Developement Corporation
Join us at Buffalo Wild Wings for our June Mixer! Its going to be a good one plus you get a chance to give back to your community!