Click here for MILITARY AFFAIRS COMMITTEE MEMBERS & CONTACT INFO
YUMA MAC FACEBOOK PAGE & MEMBERS POSTS:
PARENT ORGANIZATION: Yuma County Chamber of Commerce
MEETING(s): The Yuma MAC meets ten months a year - the last Wednesday of every month at 0800 at American Legion Post 19, Virginia Drive, Yuma AZ. No general membership meetings are scheduled during summer months of July and August.
- TEAMWORK: Encourage a robust support structure (and meeting schedule) in support of local services for Yuma veterans, active duty military, and families in need.
- COMMUNICATION: Maintain a current contact list of County veterans’ organizations, service support agencies, and MAC business members; updated annually each SEPT.
- EVENT COORDINATION: Coordinate two events with the Chamber and Yuma City staff; Yuma Military Appreciation Day (Y-MAD) each Spring and National Patriots Day (9-11) Remembrance each Fall.
- PUBLIC AFFAIRS SUPPORT: Provide editorial support for the Chamber’s public information and social media activities, including the MAC Facebook Page and Chamber website MAC page.
- Oversee management of the Yuma Armed Forces Park; to include cleanliness, routine/minor maintenance, and individual plaque installation. (For more information, please see below).
Yuma Armed Forces Park Official Website & Interactive Plaque Finder:
The Armed Forces Park is located at 291 Gila Street in Yuma, Arizona. The park is sponsored by the Yuma County Chamber of Commerce's Military Affairs Committee. It is the only park of its kind in Arizona and was constructed to honor those who have served in the Armed Forces, past or present. Granite plaques are engraved with name, rank, dates of service, and the service emblem. Plaques are $150.00 and can be purchased from the Chamber via the link below:
Sponsor: Arizona at Work
Program: Arizona-Mexico Commission
(60-year anniversary celebration!)
Time: 6:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Location: Pivot Point Conference Center
Cost: $25.00 non-members/ $15.00 members
Sponsor: 1st Bank Yuma
Time: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Location: 2799 S. 4th Ave., Yuma, AZ 85364
Cost: FREE! customer appreciation event
Bring a non-perishable item to donate to the Yuma Community Food Bank!