Click here for MILITARY AFFAIRS COMMITTEE MEMBERS & CONTACT INFO
YUMA MAC FACEBOOK PAGE & MEMBERS POSTS:
PARENT ORGANIZATION: Yuma County Chamber of Commerce
MEETING(s): The Yuma MAC meets the last Wednesday of every month at 0800 at the Sonoran Pueblo on base-MCAS Yuma. We typically are dark for July and/or August (summer months) but will notify you in advance. If you do not already have base access, please email email@example.com and you will be put on the list for the gate. We need: Your full name, your drivers license and state of issue, along with your date of birth.
- TEAMWORK: Encourage a robust support structure (and meeting schedule) in support of local services for Yuma veterans, active-duty military, and families in need.
- COMMUNICATION: Maintain a current contact list of County veterans’ organizations, service support agencies, and MAC business members; updated annually each SEPT.
- EVENT COORDINATION: Coordinate two events with the Chamber and Yuma City staff; Yuma Military Appreciation Day (Y-MAD) each Spring and National Patriots Day (9-11) Remembrance each Fall.
- PUBLIC AFFAIRS SUPPORT: Provide editorial support for the Chamber’s public information and social media activities, including the MAC Facebook Page and Chamber website MAC page.
- Oversee management of the Yuma Armed Forces Park; to include cleanliness, routine/minor maintenance, and individual plaque installation. (For more information, please see below).
Yuma Armed Forces Park Official Website & Interactive Plaque Finder:
The Armed Forces Park is located at 291 Gila Street in Yuma, Arizona. The park is sponsored by the Yuma County Chamber of Commerce's Military Affairs Committee. It is the only park of its kind in Arizona and was constructed to honor those who have served in the Armed Forces, past or present. Granite plaques are engraved with name, rank, dates of service, and the service emblem. Plaques are $150.00 and can be purchased from the Chamber via the link below: